Michelle Anderson Picarella; Illogically Logical



Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Butterfly Poop & Splat!

Bless my heart all over the house, I have totally neglected my personal blog for way too long! Don't worry, this shouldn't be a very lengthy post. (I always say that.) I do apologize for depriving the internet of my detailed rants and endless sarcasm for over a year. I was so caught up in life, I forgot to take a step back and laugh at it. A waste of a good year worth cracking on. Let me explain. Never mind. Too much. Let me sum up. I had my novel published. Becoming a writer is not for the impatient. Well, it is, but now I understand why most of the greats were bitter drunks. Writers create their own worlds in their own time. When you want to share your world of written words, your time doesn't matter. Wait and rush becomes the rinse and repeat of your life. Your editor will crush your soul and you will love them for it because in the end, you look better than you ever would alone. Publishers will have a totally different idea for the outcome of your book but you deal with it, because, well, publishers can be scary and you want your book published. In the end, you get to show off your blood and tears in ebook and trade paperback. You also get to laugh when your four year old kid talks about their favorite author and it is a writer you met on your journey, not you. I fell in love. Yep. Mean ol' me. I went all out for a full blown literary fairy tale. I walked on air, visited cloud nine, hummed and even had butterflies and birds landing on me I was so in love. Yeah. It was sickening. Do butterflies poop? It may be more sickening than I originally estimated. No, but really, it was great. I never allowed my walls down so much. I never trusted so much. I never jumped. Now I have. I was ready for forever. I prayed over it. I swooned. I fell and he promised to catch me- so yeah, I sold most everything I owned and signed a lease across the country and let my kids fall in love with someone as much as I did. It was perfect. I moved. Nope. Not cross country. I said I jumped. I never was spry. I totally fell on my ass with the fairy tale. I am still licking my wounds. Like when someone goes to pull a tablecloth from a full table and you wait for the great magician, but all you get is a bunch of silver and china crashing to the floor. BUT- I do have my own place. It is small and country but it is mine. I do what I want, when I want, how I want....as much as my three kids allow. Okay, so I do what I have to, when I have to, how I have to but don't ruin the illusion of grown up freedom. I am standing on my own two feet, alone. And speaking of feet, when I say standing, I mean that more as an image, not a fact. During my big jump and splat, I got sick. Lots of things on me just began not functioning properly. It progressed quickly and, now, on my second neurologist, I get lots of tests, even a spinal tap to see what is wrong with me. (Like my mother hasn't been trying to figure that out for years. Haha.) I get these shakes, fully body sometimes, just an arm or a leg other times. I started out with numb lips and now my entire body has followed so sometimes, I fall, not in love, just for the hell of it, I guess. It can be entertaining. I laugh. I am sure I look like a donkey on ice skates, numb and shaking and spinning, trying not to fall- but again, splat. I was told with a bit more swagger, I could pull of the numbness and shaking like a pimp walk. I need a fur coat...maybe purple. I swore I would not endorse 2013 with the lack of Dick Clark counting down my final moments, but obviously, the world did not jump on my bandwagon. I was honestly happy to see the end of the year just to stop staring at Fergie and that big dookie ball bun on her head and that metallic dress from a 1986 thrift store. Yeah, I rock my yoga pants and writer sweater most all year, but still, that is better than what is going to go down in history as the Rockin' New Year fashion. Poor Fergie-Ferg. Overall, it may not sound like it, but 2012 was truly one of the best years of my life. I chased dreams. Dreams came true. New plans formed, fell apart, and reformed. I don't really think I have a life plan anymore. Just to live it. Not to live through it, but to be alive. 2012 gave me a lot of that and I want more. Splats and all.

11 comments:

  1. From Mirror Mirror: You need mental health help, know this after looking at your lies and what you have done. Lies are like scars on your soul they can kill you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must take a while, you are still here. She didn't lie, you'll just have to live with that.

      Delete
    2. LOL. Not everyone lives in reality. I believe in fairy tales, but I even base them on fact. Thanks for the comment. Mirror Mirror is obviously just coping in their own way, and not all people have the skill of coping in a healthy manner.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Mirror Mirror,
    Please look closer into your mirror before you cast that first stone. People are actually allowed to hurt in this world and last time I checked there was such a thing as freedom of speech. Every story has two sides to it and if you can't handle the truth then stay in the shadows where you belong. The other party is more than welcome to come and say his piece at any point in time but you - YOU have NO say here! There are only two hearts in this fairytale and your acid beating heart is not one of them. Take a hike.
    From Haven Thorne... Shelly is never alone in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven, you are so sweet. I thank you for the support of the fairy tale, as someone that watched it blossom- and as someone that held me when fear and intimidation/ultimatums shattered something God sent. Fairy tales always have a sinister holder of threats... I left the chapter because *I* love him enough to not cause him misery. God will meet him halfway with the strength when he is ready. And if that never happens, I have sweet words, memories, and the vision of those eyes when he smiles for no reason. God blessed us. Either way.

      Delete
  3. Some people delete ignorant comments on their blog. Me, no. If a comment is too vulgar, likely- but beyond that, I am very pro freedom of speech, sadly, even when someone talks out of their bum, it is still their right to do so, for that, bravo to you. I also highly admire anyone cultured enough to quote literature and old movies. I have not seen Mirror Mirror yet. I am more so into expanding my mind with classics but I suppose someone brave enough to get on a blog and comment using their name and stating fact is to be respected. Oh, wait. Wow. Bless your heart, dear. To claim that you are looking at my lies would be to claim that you know me personally, yet- I only associate with decent folk that aren't afraid to stand up and speak their mind with points to back it up. So since I am a bit on the intellectual side, I must derive you are either someone Stephen King named a book after (yeah, it was a real life book before it had movie quotes) or some one close/related to the dominating dark one. In that case, kudos for standing up for someone you care about. I am sure you have heard or created a rather touching sob story in which there is only one victim. Anyone that truly knows me will agree with one thing- you may not like what I say, but there is no need to doubt it. I'll throw a painful truth, but I waste no time with lies. I am lovely, dearie, inside and out- a gift from God, my soul is his and it is my most beautiful attribute. I would be careful about saying things can kill you. It may come across a bit like a threat. I just may be a little ol' southern gal, but I promise, I know more than one lawyer. If you would wish to return as an identified person and converse a bit, I love a good chat. If not, I am pretty stinkin sure the proper officials can trace what could be seen as a threat. A likely horrid move for one's social status. And if you do come back to talk dirty- do it in German... I reeeeeeeeeeally discovered a fondness for it. Yours truly, THE HBIC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep speaking your truth, and you will find the butterflies and rainbows when the time is right... in the mean time, keep your chin up and remember that you are a beautiful person, inside and out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I won't give up on the butterflies- poop and all. LOL. Your kind words mean so much to me. Truly, thank you. <3

      Delete
    2. you are an amazing lady. never let anyone tear you down. i have read your work . talked to you on many different subjects and in all of this i have found a wonderful friendship. you are an AMAZING LADY never change. if someone is calling foul and trying to bring you down . look at why . more of the case will probably be they are inadequacy and want to tear someone down to make them fee better.. you are to strong and special as my friend to see that happen ...!!

      Delete
    3. I am a true southern belle-
      A lover, a fighter
      A screamer, a biter.
      A dreamer, a doer
      A good man wooer.
      I do not chase, they do follow
      my white beaming smile says I swallow.
      If a troll wants to hate me
      It's because she will never be me.
      So bless her heart....straight to hell.

      Delete