Michelle Anderson Picarella; Illogically Logical



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Annual Thanksgiving Rant and 10 Things worthy of giving thanks that you DIDN"T post.



I have never been one to pretend to love the Thanksgiving holiday. Don't get me wrong, I am a thankful person, I simply choose to be so more than once a year, and then we get into previous blogs about Native American history and the pilgrims- no worries, I won't repeat myself, but if you ever want to spark a conversation on this topic, message me and I will rant for you.

Let's take a moment to be serious about this holiday. Thanksgiving is a day of cooking more than your crowd could possibly eat- A planned Gluttony. Maybe you go around the table and say one thing you are thankful for. Awwww. How special.

I heard someone say on the radio this past weekend, "What if all you woke up with tomorrow is what you gave thanks for today?"

STOP RIGHT NOW. Think about it.... If everything you did not wake up thankful for this morning vanished, what would you have?

Thanksgiving should not be a special day. It should be everyday.

What else is Thanksgiving? Oh yes, the eve of Black Friday.

Seriously, come on, people. Black Friday? Does it even sound pleasant?
I did attend this grand event, once. Between people willing to stomp all over you for discount priced electronics, and old people willing to pick through your cart or basket to steal what ever deals you found first- EWWW.

What a horrible event. What a black soul, selfish, personal possession greedy, disgusting event!
And sure, I hear the lame line of, "I use it to buy for others. I am on a limited income." Guess what? There is this thing called lay away- and you don't even have to turn into a cruel person full of wrath if you don't get that flat screen or twiddle me Elmo- or what ever that red guy does this year...

So yeah... On another note. I realize while reading everyone's Thanksgiving posts on what they are thankful for that everyone really does post the same thing. We are all thankful for things like family, health, faith, food-

Here are 10 things I will be thankful over for everyone, because life would suck without it.

10. Oxygen. Come on. Obvious. Everything else doesn't matter without it.

9. Duct Tape. Not only does it fix everything (Learned that from my dad) But now, it's part of fashion.

8. Coffee. I personally do not drink coffee often, but thinking about all of the coffee drinkers I know... I would rather face zombies than a coffee drinker that has been cut off.

7. Dental floss. If you don't agree, go eat corn on the cob and come back to this one.

6. The internets. How would anyone under the age of 20 communicate if they lost the internet right now? Could you imagine if we had to sit around and wonder what people from our past are up to? Or having to go into a public place to shop or pay a bill? Wow.

5.Fridge/Freezers... How much food would you have without it?

4. GPS systems. Men won't ask a human for directions, so let's not tell them a human somewhere programmed that little British voice telling them how to get to a place that they guy at the gas station goes to twice a day.

3. Bacon. Bacon is so stinking wonderful, even vegetarians have to have fake bacon.

2. Friends. The people you get to pick to make up for those certain people you wish you weren't related to.

1. Toilet Paper. Deny It.


Happy start of the Holiday Season.

4 comments:

  1. I love you SFM. This post just made my whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on both Thanksgiving and being thankful.

    The Black Friday hate is kind of funny to me, and I know it's because of where I live. I go out every year and I've never seen the kind of nastiness people talk about. What I have seen at stores here is people helping others to find the items they're looking for. (And I'm not talking about the workers, I'm talking other shoppers.) Generally speaking, there's a lot of smiling and even friendly conversation in line. The minute I live somewhere that I experience the other side of things is the year I stop going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing. I have the exact some feelings about Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and relatives! And, I loved your 10 things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WakeUpEveryone,

    I am happy that I could make you laugh. Thank you for the comment about the blog on facebook. #3 made me giggle.

    Seleste/Julie,

    I wish I did live in a more peaceful Black Friday area. I have actually lived in several areas- All have been insane near the holidays. I couldn't imagine trying Black Friday considering that.

    Vickie,

    I was a bit more impressed with my own blog before I read yours. LOL.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete